The Systems Administrator will be responsible for installation, configuration and support of servers, operating systems, and databases. Responsibilities include building, installing and configuration of physical and virtual servers, deploying and testing OS patches/updates, virus updates, and performance tuning. In this role, you will also manage mission critical databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install and configure Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, Hyper-V, and supporting physical infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot Windows and Linux server and OS issues. Independently utilize all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues.
- Develop operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Follow operating procedures and utilize established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
- Execute a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, and documentation.
- Install, maintain and manage Windows SUS, SCCM, and other servers for automated updates.
- Update and maintain enterprise email in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Maintain, update and develop SQL database environments.
- Perform regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning.
- Interface with Network, Security, Support desk and other engineers to optimize systems' use and configuration.
- Create and maintain documentation for all duties.
- Actively participate in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects.
- Provide technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Provide server hardware capacity recommendations.
- Provide installation support for new applications and software releases.
- Interface with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repair of equipment in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.