The Integrated Warfare Systems Group’s (IWSG) focus is to provide engineering, technical, and programmatic support to the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems, Above Water Sensors (PEO IWS 2.0) Directorate. Efforts include overarching program management, test and evaluation, systems engineering, operations analysis, systems integration, international, cyber security, IT network and programmatic support for over 25 PEO IWS 2.0 advanced radar, phased array radar, electronic warfare, electro-optic, advanced off-board electronic warfare/decoy, and directed energy programs. IWSG staff support a variety of tasks including support and completion of major technical reviews; producing required acquisition documentation; meeting critical program milestone deadlines; managing program needs and external requirements, and ensuring the right resources are provided to the right priorities at the right time. #CJ #IN123
The successful candidate will:
• Serve as the Navy Subject Matter Expert Lead (Human Machine Interface (HMI) & Training) for the Directed Energy Program in support of PEO IWS 2.0 Above Water Sensors.
• Provide day-to-day technical and operator experience to the Systems Engineering, Platform Integration, Hardware, Modeling & Simulation, Combat Systems Integration, and System Safety Working Groups.
• Support HMI/Manpower/Training lead for IWS 2.0 programs and initiatives.
• Support PEO IWS 2.0 Directed Energy Program Management with first-hand Navy experience.
• Support Lead and Chairman for HMI/Manpower/Training Working Groups and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
• Ensure test team and ship’s crew are ready to perform and execute testing requirements safely and fully.
• Support Test and Execution teams with logistical needs such as U.S. Navy ship time and underway provisions.
• Develop engineering plans and coordinate with other DDG 51 engineering organizations as appropriate.
• Provide support in the execution of planned and emergent tasking, coordination and participation in technical and programmatic meetings. Other responsibilities include analyzing, evaluating and providing recommendations on program and milestone documentation.
• As directed, act as liaison/communication link between internal IWS 2.0 program office staff and warfare center/laboratory staff, as well as with external organizations (e.g., oversight offices, ships and combat system offices, OPNAV sponsors)
• Ability to travel (up to 25%) required.
• 6+ years of Close In Weapon System technician experience
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and provide high quality services and products, while meeting strict deadlines and time constraints
• Ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment with a wide variety of programmatic/technical challenges
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Must be energetic, thoughtful, product-oriented, dependable, flexible, open-minded individual with an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated strong work ethic
• Demonstrated forward thinking and proactive problem solving skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Active Secret clearance required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related technical degree
• Held Navy NEC of 1121-1122 (FC, CIWS, PHALANX Technician)
• SMWDC, ATRC or NSWC or program office experience
• TS/SCI clearance