Veracity Forecasting and Analysis, an SPA Company, is part of the Joint, Land, Air, and Space Division within SPA. Our unique processes result in authoritative, data-driven analyses that assist enterprise managers in making complicated decisions. We offer our customers proven expertise in descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics; advanced mathematics and computational techniques (a.k.a. data science); and software engineering. Our mission is to help enterprise leaders make complex, fully informed decisions and save money in the process. #CJ
Everybody’s view of data science is a little different, and we are no exception. At Veracity, we view data science as a way of understanding “how the world works.” We make assumptions and models then use data of all sorts to validate or disprove them. Our customers ask tough questions about managing their multifaceted enterprises; we build and operate complex models and simulations to provide the answers that best address the decisions they face.
We don’t expect you to come in with all of the subject matter expertise needed to completely understand the data analysis or to create models with the fidelity we require. We do expect you to get there quickly, though. We look for traits such as how you solve problems when you’re stuck. Do you look for creative ways to apply different techniques from tangential disciplines? Do you crack open a book and teach yourself how to do something new? Do you collaborate with your colleagues? If you take initiatives like these, you would fit in well with our team of analysts.
We would love to tell you that we spend all our time developing elaborate algorithms for regression, survival, kernel weighting, etc., but honestly, we spend a lot of time wrangling data. This includes combing data from disparate data systems, manipulating formats, and cleaning—all of which are required to make the modeling happen. For this critical work we need someone who is precise, efficient, and tenacious.
**This position is a pipline position and not able to hire now. We are collecting applications for future opportunities.
- Active DoD Secret clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
- Bachelor's degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics
- Demonstrated experience in operations research or numerical analysis in a technical field
- Professional experience using R, Python, or other scripting language
- Strong analytic curiosity, attention to detail, and the desire to learn and apply new skills to projects
- Professional experience with scientific programming and mathematical modeling
- Ability to work well with other technical and scientific professionals in a research environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience using R, Python, or C+
- Master’s in physical science, engineering, or mathematics
- Department of Defense and/or Department of Navy experience
This position has a projected start date of April 2020.