SPA’s Emerging Markets Group is responsible for a broad range of analytical, systems engineering, independent assessments, strategic planning, and technology research, development, testing and evaluation (RDT&E) programs in support of new SPA markets, as well as the company’s San Diego office and portfolio.
The Junior Operations Research Analyst will provide advanced analytical support to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and apply rational, systematic, science-based techniques, and critical thinking to help inform and improve the Department’s decision-making abilities for preparation, response and recovery to manmade and natural disasters and impacts on the Nation’s critical infrastructure. Provide interdisciplinary analytics expertise and skills to support and conduct descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive projects. Participate in a wide range of optimization and related modeling activities, including, but not limited to, model implementation and operations, model use documentation, and optimization and operations research capability.
• Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and executing programs to help demonstrate and expand analytical capabilities
• Develop and use operations research techniques such as mathematical optimization, decision analysis, and statistical analysis.
• Implement data exploration techniques, analytical methods, operations research, and modeling and simulation tools to support program execution
• Develop plans of action and timetables in order to meet established deadlines
• Assist in the development of briefings, memos, and Contract Deliverables
• Assist with data integration requirements development
• Bachelors’ Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, quantitative social sciences, or a related discipline.
• Some related experience (including academic projects), preferably in national security related programs.
• Experience in any of the following programming languages: Python, R, MATLAB, Java, C++, VBA, SQL.
• Familiar with visualization software such as Qlik or Tableau.
• Experience with ArcGIS or other Geospatial Information systems.
• Familiar with common open source and commercial data science and operations research tools and software.
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute workload to meet requirements and deadlines.
• Experience developing compelling written and visual communications that are clear, concise, and suited to the audience.
• Proficient with using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
• Possess an active SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain TS.
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience providing analytical support to the Department of Homeland Security.
• 2+ years’ experience performing quantitative analysis.
• Experience within cybersecurity and/or critical infrastructure domains.
• Active TS clearance.
• DHS Suitability.