Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Strategic Operations and Surety Division (SOSD)/Strategic Acquisition and Operations Group (SAOG) supports critical U.S. government programs providing Systems Engineering support, Systems Safety support, Financial Analysis support as well as Security Policy, compliance, and assessments. The position is in support of the U.S. Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP).
SPA has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer (MBSE).#
The candidate will conduct systems engineering and analysis with a focus on the physical security of nuclear weapons and supporting infrastructure located at Strategic Weapons Facilities overseen by the U.S. Navy’s Strategic Systems Program office located in the Washington Navy yard. The candidate will support efforts to document system requirements, develop system requirements traceability, develop system models, support trade studies for system level analysis, facilitate client engagements, and to present results to clients in various forms. Program management support is also a key component of this position including assisting the customer with the full engineering life-cycle of high visibility projects to include developing integrated master schedules, recommending acquisition plans, and creating high level project policy documents.
In addition to these responsibilities supporting the client, the candidate will have direct SPA reports and be responsible for overseeing efforts on multiple projects. The candidate will also play a key role in developing, mentoring, and leading a team of Systems Engineers supporting efforts to. This role includes duties such as generating weekly reports, participation in hiring or staffing changes and coordinating these changes with the Group Leader. The candidate will also identify opportunities for business growth. Supervisory duties include employee development, performance reviews, and managing employee hours/leave.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering is required with preference for Systems Engineering coursework or experience
• 10+ years of experience in Systems Engineering is required
• Experience leading projects and teams and desire to serve as a mentor and team leader
• Capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions
• DoD SECRET clearance (with eligibility for DoD TOP SECRET)
• Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering tools and modeling languages (UML, SysML)
• Experience involving requirements development, technical trade’s analysis, architecture development (DODAF) and system configuration management
• ASEP or CSEP certified through INCOSE, OCSMP Model Builder certified through OMG
• Business Development experience
• DAWIA Program Manager Level 1 or above
• Interim or final TOP SECRET security clearance
• This position could be a good fit for an Engineering Duty Officer (EDO) LCDR