Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Undersea Technology Analysis Group within SPA supports the Navy and other government organizations with timely and objective capability assessments, technology evaluations, and strategic planning that integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business aspects of undersea warfare (USW) and broader Navy issues. UTAG provides mature, turnkey products that reflect all of the factors important to decision makers. Our clients are Flag Officers/Senior Executives and others who require robustly integrated support.
SPA has a long term need for a Test Engineer, preferably with an Undersea Warfare operational Fleet background and experience supporting COMOPTEVFOR's Undersea Warfare Division (Code 40) in Norfolk VA. This office tests and evaluates all undersea warfare systems, including submarine, surface, aviation, and unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV) anti-submarine warfare and mine warfare systems under the most operationally realistic conditions possible. The division’s main effort is to assist, through early involvement, in the acquisition process, conduct tests, and provide timely and accurate evaluations to characterize system performance and resulting capability.
**This position is a pipline position for a longer term need.
The candidate will provide technical and analytical support in evaluating the operational effectiveness and suitability of US Navy Undersea Warfare systems under structured Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) that have been assigned to Commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR). The candidate will assist the U.S. Government gain efficiencies and synergies in the execution of complex operational undersea warfare testing programs.
• The candidate should be a quick learner and will be responsible for independently researching and becoming conversant in new and complex topics.
• The candidate will be required to anticipate and respond to new government needs, including identifying new problem areas and opportunities, and make recommendations to the U.S. Government.
• The candidate should be proficient at interpreting test data and comparing it to requirements.
• The candidate should be capable of working independently to support the U.S. Government.
• Must have at least an AS Degree. Note that 5+ years of uniformed military service may substitue for the AS Degree.
• Must have DoD or US Navy Operational Test and Evaluation (T&E) experience (2 of last 4 years), such as COMOPTEVFOR's Integrated Evaluation Framework (IEF) development, Test Plan Development, Test Execution, Test Analysis and Reporting, and Modeling and Simulation experience supporting developmental or operational testing.
• Active Secret security clearance; US citizenship.