Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Joint Space and Strategic Capabilities Group provides the Air Force Nuclear Weapon Center (AFNWC) and the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) System Program Office analytical and knowledge based services to fulfill the needs of acquisition, sustainment, and operational planning activities for the current and future ICBM force, to include the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD). These activities include but are not limited to strategic planning, systems effectiveness analysis, development of modeling and simulation analysis tools, integrated planning, strategic communications, requirements development, acquisition strategy development, systems engineering, risk assessment and executive corporate process support.
SPA has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer at Hill AFB, Ogden, UT.
The successful applicant will support the Air Force’s Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program Product Support Division’s Digital Engineering Sustainment efforts and will provide recommendations on the appropriate use of technologies in solving digital engineering sustainment problems.
• B.S. / M.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software, Mathematics, or Physics.
• 7 years (5 years with M.S. degree) of progressive experience in systems integration and analysis of military hardware and software systems/processes.
• Demonstrated self-starter possessing a passion for applying innovative analytical methods to solve complex client problems, willingness to multi-task and presenting complex ideas in a clear and coherent form before an audience.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• In-scope security clearance of Secret or higher that has closed within five (5) years from date of employment.
• Skilled in Model Based Systems Engineering and Cameo Systems Modeler software at an input/coding level.
• DoD weapon system sustainment experience.
• Familiarity with ICBMs and knowledge of DoD acquisition process.