Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a trusted analytical services firm that has provided services to the Department of Defense and many federal agencies over the past 40+ years. In this capacity, SPA provides analytic and program support to the Surface and Submarine Warfare component of the United States Navy, allowing them to make better decisions allocating resources and improving their operational capabilities.
Part of the Naval Surface Warfare Analysis Group, the individual is responsible for developing innovative concepts of operations and capability plans and for translating them into detailed written and graphical descriptions used to develop and support tactical, operational and strategic surface and undersea warfare analysis. Responsible for conducting military effectiveness analysis of alternative capabilities to inform the development of formal requirements and program plans across the spectrum of science and technology (S&T), research and development (R&D), and program acquisition. Support and eventually take a leading role in the development and employment of modeling and simulation analysis tools and in briefing analysis results to top-level government decision makers. Communicate with Fleet personnel to identify gaps in existing capabilities, requirements for new systems, and tactical employment of new and existing USW systems.
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• 3-5 years of operational surface warfare experience on a cruiser, destroyer, frigate or littoral combat ship.
• Dedicated Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), Anti-Surface Warfare (ASuW) experiance.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering, or Physics. May substitute a non-technical degree with demonstrated technical acumen.
• Effectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions to top-level Navy issues
• Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
• Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
• Proficient with the MS Office Suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
• Current DoD Secret security clearance
• Surface warfare qualification
• DESRON served officer (preferred DESRON Ops or ASW Weapons Tactics Instructor) with experience utilizing CV-TSC and USW-DSS systems
• Master’s degree
• Demonstrated ability in applying innovative concepts, quantitative tools and creative data visualization methods to address Naval issues
• Experience in military operations analysis, including requirements definition, conduct of analyses of alternatives, and the JCIDS process
• Experience using MATLAB, Java, or other analytical software to solve complex problems
• Modeling and Simulation (M&S) experience