Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a trusted analytical services firm that has provided services to the Department of Defense and many federal agencies over the past 40+ years. In this capacity, SPA provides analytic and program support to the Surface and Submarine Warfare component of the United States Navy, allowing them to make better decisions allocating resources and improving their operational capabilities.
Part of the Naval Surface Warfare Analysis Group, the individual is responsible for supporting DISC (Digital Integration Support Cell).
Responsibilities include: developing innovative concepts of operations and capability plans and for translating them into detailed written and graphical descriptions used to develop and support tactical, operational and strategic surface and undersea warfare analysis. Responsible for conducting military effectiveness analysis of alternative capabilities to inform the development of formal requirements and program plans across the spectrum of science and technology (S&T), research and development (R&D), and program acquisition. Support and eventually take a leading role in the development and employment of modeling and simulation analysis tools and in briefing analysis results to top-level government decision makers.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
• 3-5 years of operational surface warfare experience on a cruiser, destroyer, frigate or littoral combat ship.
• Experience incorporating the rapid evolution of technology and digital practices into solutions supporting a networked, agile fleet
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering, or Physics. May substitute a non-technical degree with demonstrated technical acumen.
• Demonstrated experience with Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), Anti-Surface Warfare (ASuW), or Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD)
• Current DoD Secret security clearance
• Surface warfare qualification
• Master’s degree
• Experience in military operations analysis, requirements definition, conduct of analyses of alternatives, and the JCIDS process
• Experience using analytical software, quantitative tools, data visualization, Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to solve complex problems