Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Strategic Operation Support Division (SOSD)/Strategic Development Group (SDG) supports critical U.S. government programs providing Systems Engineering support, Systems Safety support, Financial Analysis support as well as security policy, compliance, and assessments. The position is in support of the U.S. Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP).
Provide technical and programmatic systems engineering support for the TRIDENT II missile. Direct support on-site to government Engineers and Program Managers for both day to day execution and higher level strategic planning. Support efforts may include areas such as Flight Test support, Systems Safety, Strategic Weapon System and Subsystem Integration, Facility Engineering Integration, Support Equipment Engineering Development, Common Missile Compartment support, Model Based Systems Engineering, and Fleet Support. Travel 6-8 times/year will be required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (e.g. Education, Years of Experience, Certifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities )
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 5+ year’s professional experience with defense programs AND DoD Secret clearance
• Exceptional writing and presentation abilities
• Self-motivated with strong work ethic, time management, and interpersonal skills
Desired (e.g. Education, Certifications)
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Experience working with Strategic Systems Programs
• Experience working with DoD engineering and acquisition processes
• Professional Engineer (PE)